Re: [tor-talk] Why corrupt government officials are strongly opposed to this Tor project (a Gestapo government run amok!)

> Please do pay attention to the terms you are using.
>
> A theory is a part of the scientific trajectory. What you are debating
> is a speculation at best, a delirium at least.

Whilst I agree with you, I think it's reasonable to say that a lot of
conspiracy theories wander into that bracket. You're correct though, in
that a 'theory' does require rationality.

Got a big grin from me. anyway

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Lara <lara.tor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ben Tasker:
> > Because in the absence of evidence, it is just that - a conspiracy
> > theory. You're asserting that Fox and the Govt (or at least some of
> > it's agencies) are conspiring, but have provided no real no evidence
> > to support it, hence theory.
>

> Please do pay attention to the terms you are using.
>
> A theory is a part of the scientific trajectory. What you are debating
> is a speculation at best, a delirium at least.
>
> The Theory of Evolution is a theory.
>
> The ghost of my grand-grand-father protects me from the evil eye is not
> a theory. Although I can prove that while that evil aunt was looking at
> me a truck passed by and the portrait of my ancestor fell from the wall
> thus breaking the witch's spell.
>
> First there were evil spirits. Than the evil spirits got condensed into
> one virtually omnipresent pure evil spirit called Satan. Recently you
> have mysterious aliens. Now because of the low quality propaganda,
> dubbed as information, the same old sickness turns into this paralyzing
> fear of surveillance.
> --

Ben Tasker
https://www.bentasker.co.uk