Re: A Server-oriented Incognito?

On Thu, October 18, 2007 12:26, Pat Double wrote:
> https://tor-svn.freehaven.net/svn/incognito/trunk/root_overlay/usr/share/incognito/readme.html
I was taking a look at the listed packages: why do you ship FireGPG
firefox extension?

it's not yet an officially accepted mozilla extension and last avalaible
version has some nasty issues:
+ it phones home at firefox startup, it's a user configurable behaviour
but nevertheless I'll double check for proxy usage (I'm pretty sure it
will honor ff settings but you should take a look nevertheless)
+ it doesn't use the well tested enigmail javascript IPC to call external
programs (on windows it even uses a binary only program called hidden
start[1])

FireGPG developers are aware of the issues and are (slowly) working them
out, until some good news I'd reconsider its usage.

ciao

[1]: http://www.ntwind.com/software/utilities/hstart.html

--
Marco Bonetti