Re: Wikipedia & Tor & ... moderators?

Marc Abel wrote:
> This wouldn't necessarily be a permanent solution, but might having
> human moderators volunteer to proofread anonymous edits help?

That's how Wikipedia works.  That's all we do all the time.

Anonymous edits are mostly good, but when we look into problematic edits
in an effort to limit the waste of good people's time, a couple of
things really strongly stick out: open proxies and Tor nodes.  These are
used almost exclusively for ill, almost never for good.

So, we block them.  But I don't like this.  I want there to be ways for
people who have genuine privacy needs to be able to edit Wikipedia.

--Jimbo