Re: Wikipedia & Tor & ... moderators?

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 08:18:11AM -0400, Christopher W. wrote:

A suggestion on this: I just remembered the "hidden" servers....there was one listed on Privoxy's page, I believe, that can only be accessed by someone using a tor/Privoxy combination. Perhaps our possible Chinese dissident could post her/his edits and additions on such a server, have them reviewed by someone at Wikipedia, and if they were non-vandalizing type posts, they could then be added to the Wikipedia page.
I realize that this violates Wikipedia's open-source, anyone can edit philosophy to an extent, as someone would have to read and review these entries. It would also put additional burdens on Wikipedia's staff. But it would allow both the free flow of information and the protection of privacy.

Actually, anyone could provide this service right now. It doesn't have to place a burden on Wikipedia in any way. All you need to do is widely publicize some place where content can be dropped off anonymously (a mailing list, a wiki, an ftp server), and volunteer to post it to Wikipedia as long as it's not obviously spam.

um....my Chinese is kinda non-existent  :-)
but I'll continue to ponder the problem. this IS important to me
ctw