Re: [ANNOUNCE] Incognito CD/USB 20070824.1 released

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. If not, please
point me to the right one!

Im having a problem with booting the incognito cd. i am always being
dropped to the command prompt. my video card seems to be detected
correctly though.

after trying "startx" the screen goes black for one second, and then i
get this error message:

(EE) no devices detected
fatal server error:
no screens found
XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 remaining.

it looks like its a problem with the video card driver, maybe? which
is weird because incognito detects my video card correctly. it not
only says that its an ati card, but it also knows the correct model
(1900xt).

i had the exact same problem with the previous incognito version by the way.

I hope that i have included all the necessary information. if you need
to know more, to diagnose the problem, just ask! i already tried
googling for the error, but i couldnt find anything useful. but since
im a linux noob, thats no suprise.