Re: [pygame] Fugu's Friend

Will McGugan wrote:

Wow! Nice work. A+ for the A*! :-)

I noticed that turtle can't fit through the diagonal spaces between blocks. Must be the hard shell!

Actually, that was intentional. The first time I encountered an astar pathfinding routine written in Pygame, it let them 'cheat' by going between diagonally lined up blocks. You can disallow it by having your routine check diagonal blocks in addition to blocks to the left and right. It has a side effect of allowing the path to go in a diagonal direction too.

Feeling a blog coming on...

I'll have to go check it out! I like your blog. :-)

--Kamilche