Re: [pygame] Re: Mac Installers (was: 100% CPU FAQ)

It's still an experimental module... hopefully it'll be polished up
for the pygame 1.9 release.  We included it so Nicholas could use it
in the test runner (so it's possible to run all the tests in 512
threads/processes for example).  It's nice for widely available 2-8
core machines... and the soon to be here 100+ core machines.  So if
you use it, beware that the API may change... but if you stick with
just tmap, it should be fine, since that's supposed to copy the map
api.  It should help speed up loading on the first time you load the
images(cold cache) -- with a single core machine, since then the disk
IO is threaded.