Re: [pygame] pygame1.9 does not install in ubuntu from easy_install

hi,

this is confirmed, it's not working...

It's when setuptools is installed, it takes over some code in distutils which raises this error.  Without setuptools installed the source install works fine.

This only happens with OSX source installs I think, not linux/windows/etc since OSX is the only platform that invokes setuptools.

So I'll do another release right away with an added readme.html file.

Marcus: I've already uploaded the tar ball...
MD5 (pygame-1.9.1release.tar.gz) = 1c4cdc708d17c8250a2d78ef997222fc
MD5 (pygame-1.9.1release.zip) = 01824b893d1d910fa3fa8bb37740f580

http://www.pygame.org/ftp/pygame-1.9.1release.tar.gz

The binaries and rest of the release will happen later.

cu,