Re: [pygame] pygame.midi using portmidi?

Hi,

I'm reposting my keyboard pyportmidi example. It has been changed to use pygame.pypm. The midiport module may be of interest as it contains an output class. The keyboard program could go into the examples, with some improvements. Once midi has been fixed if you want to add keyboard.py to the examples, with the needed changes for pygame.midi, I can spruce it up to make it more intuitive.

Usage: The q,w,e and r keys play four notes on the Church Organ instrument. Also the four notes can be played by clicking horizontally across the blue window. It is very simple for now but could be developed into a proper keyboard.

Lenard

René Dudfield wrote:
hi again,

Another note:

Tim Thompson said we could include his patches to pyportmidi, and also
include some of his other midi code...

"""You'll also find there a python module (nosuch.midiutil) that
contains higher-level routines for MIDI things, including a MIDI file
reader, simple scheduler, etc."""

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>