Re: [pygame] Sound related questions

> still, with all the enhancements to SDL_mixer, i don't think it's going
> support the level of features you want. i'd wager if you added the
> functions to SDL_mixer, they'd quickly get accepted into the next
> release. :]

Heh, you've obviously not seen any of my C code lately then... ;-)

I may well try and delve into this a little further as it's definitely
something I'd *really* want for SB. Dunno if I'm quite up to the
challenge or have the time to do it properly. I should be vectorising
Monty the Python for a start! :)

> perhaps with the added seek function, and frequent polling of the
> playback position, you could get the features you need (more or less).

Potentially. I could certainly stick dummy samples in patterns, before
parts I wanted playing at given points, and seek to those samples. Would
do the job and save me making a fool out of myself trying to code C
again! ;-)

Thanks for the heads up Pete...

"In 1974, computers were oppressive devices in far-off air-conditioned
places. Now you can be oppressed in your own living room."

   -- Ted Nelson