Re: [pygame] Pygame and PyOpenGL

On Feb 14, 2005, at 9:13 PM, Kris Schnee wrote:

Bob Ippolito wrote:
PyOpenGL has a stupid "feature" that is incompatible with zip packaging. Simply patch the __init__.py such that it doesn't open that dumb version file and your problems with it will go away.

Where is it?

import OpenGL print OpenGL.__file__

Also, this library that gets built includes a lot of compiled Python files from my other projects -- stuff I wouldn't want to distribute! Is the compiler saying, "I can't be bothered figuring out which files are needed; I'll just include 'em all?"

No, py2exe does not do that. It starts from your main script, and analyzes Python bytecode and looks for import statements (via modulefinder), then it tries to find the modules in a similar way to how Python finds them, and it says they should be included. If you don't want something included, don't import it! You are somehow actually using this code from your other projects, because there is no other way it would find it!

py2app on Mac OS X works in a similar way (but has more features). The process it uses is documented at http://undefined.org/python/py2app.html -- py2exe may have similar documentation, but I don't know where it is.

-bob