Re: [pygame] Which resolutions should a game support?

On 2/3/06, David Mikesell <dave_mikesell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My recent problem with a user using a monitor/card that doesn't support
> 800x600x85 has me wondering which resolution(s) my game should support.
> All of my graphics are pre-rendered so I can't support any arbitrary
> resolution.   What is a good target resolution for a fullscreen game?

800x600 is very common, so I wonder what kind of setup your user has.
The only resolution even more widely supported is 640x480. Of course
for modern boxes, supporting 1280x1024 is good, because I believe
that's the most common native resolution in today's TFTs.