Re: [pygame] Fwd: install problem

What are the commands to undo the changes?

Elliot

On Feb 25, 2006, at 12:05 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

On Feb 25, 2006, at 1:30 PM, Brian Fisher wrote:

On 2/24/06, Bob Ippolito <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Feb 24, 2006, at 12:28 PM, James Paige wrote:
I solved the problem differently. at the console, I did:

su     <type root password>
rm /usr/bin/python
ln -s /usr/local/bin/python2.4 /usr/bin/python
rm /usr/bin/pythonw
ln -s /usr/local/bin/pythonw2.4 /usr/bin/pythonw
exit

That is a horrible idea! Do not do that. Ever.

Hey Bob,
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't understand what your reply is
referring to, and would love to understand the thinking behind it

What in the email you replied to do you think is a horrible idea? the
symlink stuff? su to root? using the console? solving the problem
differently?

Why do you think it's a horrible idea? What bad things do you expect to happen?

This whole command sequence is fundamentally the wrong thing to do. You should never replace anything in the vendor's directories, period.

http://bob.pythonmac.org/archives/2004/02/09/apple-is-your-sysadmin/

-bob

-- Elliot Temple http://www.curi.us/blog/