Re: [pygame] problem with load_extended

Hi Larry

Looks like a permission problem. Did you already try to (re)set all rights by Macs system utility? Maybe that could help.

Regards
Tyger

Am 27.02.2006 um 00:07 schrieb Larry Keber:

On 2/26/06, Brian Fisher <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What's the exact error you are getting?

This is some output from a non-root account:

>>> import pygame
>>> pygame.image.get_extended()
0
>>> pygame.image.load('data/ship3.tga')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
pygame.error: File is not a Windows BMP file
>>> pygame.image.load_extended('data/ship3.tga')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

This is what it looks like, running as root:
>>> import pygame
>>> pygame.image.get_extended()
1
>>> pygame.image.load('data/ship3.tga')
<Surface(32x32x8 SW)>

I'm sure they're both runing the same code, and as certain as I can be that permissions are such that everything is readable/executable by the non-priv account.

Larry