Re: [pygame] Automated Builds of pygame from latest in SVN

There is probably no reason to go with the newer dependencies. But it is likely best to stick with only one version in official releases. If there was some subtle bug in the build it has a better chance of showing up. And it could be that VC programs perform better. But building the dependencies with VC may be as big an undertaking as building them with MinGW. As for the automatic build, it is not using the setup.py script?

Lenard

Brian Fisher wrote:
The automated build for win32 is using the prebuilts you gave me a
link for on the mailing list. Getting dependencies to feed to the
automated builds is still very manual.

I don't know how much benefit there is with a particular optimization
level with gcc. I actually wonder if there might be an even bigger
difference between ms compilers and gcc?