Re: [pygame] Anti-aliasing problem

Dirk Krause <d_krause@pixelpark.com>:

> Hi Magnus,
>
> it would help if you posted the code, I guess.

I guess so :)

It's all very experimental, and therefore ugly... So I was a bit
reluctant... (I'll send an attachment in a separate mail.)

I've tried different things; for instance rendering the text before
doing anything else, and then blitting it at different times; it seems
that the antialiasing vanishes after I've blitted some images.

> Btw as you are the guy from anygui (http://anygui.sourceforge.net/),
> you might know that Sean Riley does a project named PyUi, which
> implements different (!) uis in PyGame.

Yes, I know :)

> It looks really great.. I was wondering if Sean and you could join
> forces to make his work anygu-compatible?

Actually, I've thought of that -- and we've discussed it on the
Anygui-list. We'd love to have a PyUI backend for Anygui; if Sean
Riley (or anyone else, for that matter) wants to write it, that would
be great. I haven't made any active efforts in that direction yet,
however, since the Anygui API is still under development, and I
thought it might be a good idea to wait until things settle down a
bit...

But any effort in the matter is most welcome :)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org