Re: [pygame] Antialiasing again

Richard Jones <richardjones@optushome.com.au>:

[...]
> I had a helluva time getting the antialiasing to work with my font contest
> entry "skyscraper". Have a look a the code there, it might give you some
> hints.

Will do. Any specific techniques I should look for?

> See the smudge and repeat operations specifically - which take the
> antialiased source text surface and create a new surface with the source
> repeated several times. You'll see that I had to manually render the alpha
> channel with the correct values in both cases because the alpha seemed to be
> either ignored or destroyed.

Right... A problem inherent in SDL, as I've understood?

> Unfortunately, I found there was a large hole in the documentation
> regarding how the alpha channel was affected, removed, used, etc in
> various operations. I also haven't had the time to chase this up :(

Hm. Perhaps there should be som utility functions/objects in the
PyGame library for rendering alpha "manually"? (Not sure how it would
work...)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org