Re: [pygame] playing MPEGs

Syver Enstad wrote:
> Hm, maybe I am using the SDL dll's that I compiled myself after I
> patched the source to fix the bug. I think it's strange that the SDL
> guys don't do anything about it. It's ages since I and Pete Shinners
> posted about this on the SMPEG mailing list.
 >
 > Maybe the SMPEG project is dormant?

i think this is the bigger problem. SMPEG hasn't been touched for
awhile. when i submitted the problem i was told i'd need to provide all
sorts of debugging traces and compiler info before they'd change
anything (which basically sounded like "we don't want to deal with it").

sadly fixing the problem only required applying a provided patch, and it
would only have effected compiling with MSVC, so nobody else would have
been bothered with it.

if the SMPEG.dll that comes with the pygame binaries or my
win32-dependencies package is no longer "good", let me know so i can try
to rebuild the library to a bug-free condition.