Re: [pygame] Strange Error with Mixer on FreeBSD

>~ # ls -l /dev/mixer
>crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel   30,   0 Jan  4 14:04 /dev/mixer

Yep, that's what it looks like.  Also, I still get the error message when I'm running as root.

My sound card is a Silicon Integrated Systems SiS7018 PCI Audio Accelerator, which is a pretty generic cheap PCI laptop soundcard.  Before I started loading the kernel module at boot, I couldn't even get CD audio.  After I began loading the appropriate kernel module at boot, I was able to verify CD audio playback.

I've not messed with
SDL_AUDIODRIVER settings.  Is that a pygame.mixer.init() optional argument, or do I set it first, and then initialize the mixer?

--
Andrew Ulysses Baker
"failrate"