Re: [pygame] Strange Error with Mixer on FreeBSD

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 21:38 -0800, andrew baker wrote:
> I've not messed with SDL_AUDIODRIVER settings.  Is that a
> pygame.mixer.init() optional argument, or do I set it first, and then
> initialize the mixer?

You set it from the environment before startup. You can modify it during
runtime, but it must be set before any calls to pygame.init() or
pygame.mixer.init()

http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/SDL_5fenvvars#head-acdac205f5e24cb75113c4b281a2c13f08b75159

It looks like your main options are either "openbsd" or "oss"?