Re: [pygame] Game demo for review

David Mikesell wrote:

Thanks. I would definitely consider Mac before Linux.

BTW, where can one download your games?

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:03:50 +0800, "Simon Wittber"
<simonwittber@xxxxxxxxx> said:

On 1/12/06, David Mikesell <dave_mikesell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Uh, yeah, this is why I'm only targeting the Windows market. It's the
only one that exists. ;-)

If you are looking to sell your game, you might want to leverage
python's cross-platform-ability and get a Mac build happening. Mac
people are starved for games.

I get roughly 50% mac, 10% Linux and 40% Win32 browsers downloading my
games.

I gave the game a try and it seemed quite fun and nicely made. I'm afraid I don't have much more to say about it than that as its not really my kind of game (I prefer strategy games). I think if you want to sell games though you'll need to reduce the download size. If people don't want to download the game to test it because of the size then you'll have difficulty convincing customers to do so.

You've probably seen these before but I've been reading up on indie game development (something I hope to do in the future) and have found some of these links useful:

http://forums.indiegamer.com/ <= Independant Game Developers Discussion Board
http://www.dexterity.com/articles/ <= Dexterity Software's Advice to fellow Indie and Shareware developers
http://www.gametunnel.com/ <= Independant Game Magazine. See what else is out there

Hope that was helpful,