RE: [pygame] Capabilities of Pygame

From: owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christopher Night
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:54 PM
To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pygame] Capabilities of Pygame

> Seriously, what kind of game do you want to make?

I have a couple in mind: an internet multi-player side scroller based on the rules to Sparkle, a sandbox-type world combining missions and social situations, various sports titles. All of the games will take place solely in an audio medium.

> If you're working on a game that you could conceivably write by yourself or with a small team, python will probably be up for the job. In neither case is performance going to be the main consideration of you personally.

That’s good to know. With as much as critics of Python harp on the speed, I was worried that resulting software was going to crawl along at a snail’s pace. Are there any situations that come to mind where Python wouldn’t work?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Best,

Ryan