Re: [pygame] Mac OS X?

> Well, I've compiled pygame more or less by hand (against fink's SDL
> and fink's python) but it crashes spectacularly whenever I try to do
> anything with it...  how do you invoke pygame?

Wow, you're not even getting to the message that says "WARNING!  Running
pygame apps from any method other than through python.app (aka through
the finder or launchservices) is UNSUPPORTED!" ? I guess that is a
pretty spectacular crash.  Try double clicking the icon or typing "open
mycoolgame.py".  That should invoke Python.app (if it exists).  If you
still have problems, I'd give up on the fink distro until you know
you've got it working otherwise.

> Do you need Tkinter?  I'm really behind here.

I don't think it sneaks into the dependencies of pygame anywhere.  But I
use it, so I have to have it.

> Apparently there's a book on "Mac OS X for Unix Programmers" due from
> O'Reilly soon.  I suspect I'll be buying that.

Geez, if only they had timed it to coincide with (or, even better,
precede) the launch of Mac OS X! :) Still, it will be interesting to get
a reality check on all of this hacking I've been doing!

Cheers!
Andrew