Re: [pygame] Using PyOpenGL for 2D graphics

Yes, there are a lot of things in ogre that are somewhat considered add-ons, that python-ogre doesnt yet wrap, unfortunately.  You can use pygame to handle windowing, just like you would in an opengl app, and it works the same way.  Opengl is given direct access to the contents of the window, so you wont be drawing typical sdl stuff to the screen like you would like.

It does wrap an impressive amount of code though, quite often I see someone suggest another thing that needs to be wrapped on the message board, and the next week the code is there, so the team behind it is really great.  The future looks very bright, but even as is it feels very complete and professional to me.