Re: [pygame] Using PyOpenGL for 2D graphics

On 7/10/07, Charles Joseph Christie II <sonicbhoc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can it be used in conjunction with Pygame, or is it it's own thing? It looks
standalone to me, but I haven't gotten a chance to seriously research it. But
it looks pretty good.

The current version of Opioid2D is built on top of pygame, so that you
use the O2D API for on-screen graphics and regular pygame APIs for
sound effects, joysticks, off-screen surfaces etc.

The display is always in opengl mode, so you can't blit or draw
directly to the screen with pygame when using Opioid2D.

--
Sami Hangaslammi