Re: [pygame] What's next for Pygame project?

I like the sound of all of this.

On 07/13/2015 06:02 AM, Renà Dudfield wrote:
Hi,

a few notes:

  * I have dropped the ball, but would like to finish the new website
    and get 1.9.2 out the door.
  * pygame_sdl2 seems the best choice going forward. For backward
    compat reasons, platform support, and C/asm code is needed. Many
    things have been put into SDL and related libs already, and this
    is a good way to go to share with other SDL projects.
    for a number of years (7 years maybe?).
  * there are many other considerations which the new website
    addresses. Reddit integration, and bitbucket is done. Also, fun is
    important, as is integration with youtube and other ways of
    sharing work (like playing music can be done on the new website too).
  * I have done some thinking with Tom about how to do a migration
    with pygame_sdl2 to the pygame infrastructure.
  * nothing has stopped contributors for 1.9.2 being released. Many
    people have admin access to the bitbucket repo, and there has been
    some work been done.
  * ... more to come.

best,