Re: [pygame] How to prevent mouse initialization in Pygame

Thank you Theo for this information! I tried these settings in systemd service file and here are my results:

  1. I had to change TTYPath to /dev/tty2. With /dev/tty1, I had the following problems:

    1. My application crashed after displaying first or second test image

    2. I started to receive strange errors when connecting to my RPi through SSH under limited user:
      “-bash: /dev/null: Access denied” (about 20 times for one connection) Fortunately the SSH connection was successful even after the errors.

  2. When running under limited user, I faced the aforementioned “black screen after 5-10 minutes, framebuffer graphics no longer displayed” and “blinking text cursor” problems.

  3. When running under root, everything works fine.

Let me remind you my Linux machine is Raspberry Pi 3 and operating system is Raspbian Jessie. There is no keyboard or mouse connected to RPi. I connect to it using SSH. I set pygame/SDL to use the “fbcon” framebuffer driver via the SDL_VIDEODRIVER environment variable.

My `systemd --version` output is:

systemd 215

+PAM +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +SYSVINIT +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +ACL +XZ -SECCOMP -APPARMOR

My pygame package version is: (`aptitude show python-pygame`):

1.9.2~pre~r3348-2~bpo8+rpi1

My libSDL 1.2 version is: (` aptitude show libsdl1.2debian` - on your machine package name can be different):

1.2.15-10+rpi1

Theo, please tell:

  1. What Linux machine do you run your systemd+pygame application on (hardware platform and operating system)?

  2. Did you set pygame/SDL to use specific video driver?

  3. What are systemd, pygame and libSDL 1.2 versions on this machine?

  4. For how long does usually your application show graphics with pygame? Do you face the “black screen after 5-10 minutes, framebuffer graphics no longer displayed” problem when running your systemd+pygame application under limited user?

  5. Do you face the “blinking text cursor” problem when running your systemd+pygame application under limited user?

Kind regards, Roman Mescheryakov