Re: [pygame] I have a quick question... again...

Charles Joseph Christie II wrote:
So, if I was making a Tetris Attack clone using plain pygame and the SDL blitting functions, but later on decided that I wanted to render the blocks in 3D and add a 3D mode like Pokemon Puzzle League for the Nintendo 64, using pyopengl, how much of the code do you think, aside from the drawing, do you think I'd have to rewrite?

That would depend on a lot of details about how you'd written
the code in the first place. If you had done a good job of
separating the game logic from the rendering, you might not
have to rewrite much at all besides the drawing code.

It also depends on what exactly you mean by 3D. If it's still
essentially a 2D game, just rendered using blocks that have
depth, the game logic doesn't change. But if the game itself
is to be 3D (with the blocks moving in 3 dimensions instead
of 2) you may have to re-think the whole thing.

Either way, if you have the possibility of a later 3D
implementation in mind as you write it, you should be able
to minimise the amount of reworking needed.

--
Greg