Re: [pygame] 3D sample code

Richard Jones wrote:

I believe - though I've not tried this - it is possible at least under X11 (ie. GLX) to attach a GLX context directly to an X11 pixmap, rather than to a window, thus allowing you to render "off-screen".

I don't know whether this is possible under WGL or AGL (Windows and OS X respectively).

It's possible to get accelerated offscreen rendering on OSX
by creating an NSCachedImageRep and binding an OpenGL context
to the hidden window associated with it. If anyone's interested,
let me know and I'll dig up the details of how I did it in
PyGUI.

--
Greg