Re: [pygame] I have a quick question... again...

Charles Joseph Christie II wrote:
How do you do 3D tetris? o.O

The way I did it was a fairly straightforward generalisation
of 2D tetris. The pieces consisted of all the shapes you can
make by joining four cubes together (there are 8 of them).
You got an isometric view of the pieces falling through
3D space. You could move the pieces in four directions and
rotate them around three axes. When you filled up a
horizontal plane with cubes, it disappeared.

It might sound too complicated to be playable, but once
you got the hang of the controls it wasn't too bad. The
main trick was to fill up planes from the back to the
front and not leave any holes behind where you couldn't
see them.

--
Greg