Re: [pygame] my 3d planet game

No, and the wx window should be on a seperate thread as the pygame/opengl one. The wx window calls the pygame one though. But yeah, they are two separate windows.
Thanks for trying though.
Cheers
Astan

Charlie Nolan wrote:
What is it that you're trying to do?  Reuse the same window for both
pygame/OpenGL and wx?  If so, it might work better to separate them into
two windows.

I haven't really done anything with OpenGL though, so take that with a
grain of salt.

-FM

Astan Chee wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Charlie Nolan wrote:

(python:31706): Gdk-WARNING **: gdkdrawable-x11.c:878 drawable is not a
pixmap or window
The program 'python' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 54 error_code 3 request_code 18 minor_code 0)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

I have no clue what is causing this. I know wx and pygame isnt supposed
to be used together, but it works on windows yet Im wondering what I
have to do to get it to play nice in linux. Maybe someone from the
mailing list can help?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "wxSol.py", line 1768, in OnCountDown
    self.RefreshSingle()
  File "wxSol.py", line 2172, in RefreshSingle
    self.CalcElemPerc()
  File "wxSol.py", line 2231, in CalcElemPerc
    info = self.elements[int(num)]
KeyError: -1

I think I've fixed this bug. Something about an invalid key and uploaded
a new version.
Thanks again.
Cheers
Astan

--
"Formulations of number theory: Complete, Consistent, Non-trivial. Choose two."

Please think of the environment before printing this email.

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use the information
contained in it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this document if you have received it in error. We do not guarantee this email is error or virus free.