Re: [pygame] Surfaces must not be locked during blit

well, if pygame says this is a locking issue, then it is most likely a locking issue. If you say unlocking the surface did not fix the problem as you said, I don't have another solution with the current supplied information.

We'll likely need to see some code before we can figure out the actual error.

Hugo