[pygame] Testing pygame 1.8rc4 on PPC build (was: Mac OS X Rosetta (PPC))

On Mar 4, 2008, at 11:00 PM, René Dudfield wrote:

Hi Casey,

have you tried the new pygame build with your PPC computer?

I think it should be a fair bit faster than pygame 1.7.1.

There's a link to it on the pygame downloads page, if you haven't tried it out.
http://pygame.org/download.shtml

It'd be cool if you could test it out, because we haven't had all that
many testers of it yet.

I gave it a shot (MocOS 10.4), but it is unable to load png images (pygame.error: File is not a windows BMP file). I tried loading a libpng/libjpeg binary and then reinstalling pygame, but that didn't help. Note I do have 1.7.1 installed via fink and it doesn't have this problem.

Is there something else I need to install?

-Casey