Re: [pygame] MMX Transform for Win32

The code is in src/transform.c in the pygame tree. The task at hand is to translate the 32-bit MMX code (I think there's 4 sections of code, each about 40-60 lines) from the AT&T syntax used by GCC to the Intel style used by VC. The Intel format is compatible with masm, nasm, yasm, etc. It's pretty easy to read. The AT&T style is quite powerful but very strange looking, and if you don't have an inclination to learn a bit about it then the translation would be very hard. Take a look at it and let me know if you want to take a crack at it. I could always proof-read it.

Richard

Jason Ward wrote:
what is this MMX discussion about and the transform function?
If this is to do with pygame source I may be interested. but not to solely do it, just to give a rather small helping hand. I know intel asm but I haven't really gotten into MMX so this would be a great opportunity for me to get into it.
So I might be able to help you do it Richard.

Just direct me in exactly what it is :)