Re: [pygame] vista testing...

Two things I noted with playmus. First it initializes SDL with SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_AUDIO). Second it starts playback with Mix_FadeInMusic(music,looping,2000). It lacks a feature to start playback in the middle of a song unfortunately.

Lenard

René Dudfield wrote:
Hello,

Yeah, it would be very useful if you could try the playmus program to
try and reproduce your problem.  This will help with a bug report to
SDL.

It would also help if we could summarise all your testing to make a
better SDL bug report.  eg.
I tried this, then this, then this, then this, etc.

Note that Bo is using windows XP.

I don't think it's a bug in directx, but a change in the way threads
work from win98 to winxp - exposing a bug in the sdl code.

That sound code in SDL was mostly written in the time of win9x, and win2k.

I think the change in the video driver has also changed the behaviour
of the thread code for the sound.  Since using windib for video
changes the amount of cpu time used in the sound threads and also the
properties of the video thread.