Re: [pygame] Inconsistency in online docs

Hi,

I guess it is not a well advertised feature, but more recent docs are installed with Pygame. Try:

python -m pygame.docs

(or python -m pygamd.docs.__main__        for python 2.6)

This should bring up the local copy in a browser. If not, they are found in site-packages/pygame/docs

But yes, the docs are incomplete and inconsistent. (It is more fun writing code. :-) ) The HTML is compiled from .doc files stored in the lib and src subdirectories in SVN. Anyone is welcome to download a copy, edit them, and submit patches to the mailing list. Updating the docs in SVN is on the TODO list. Personally, I am considering translating them to reStructuredText or something.

Finally, the online docs are out-of-date. I believe there was a plan to have them update from SVN automatically. But I don't know what has happened to that.

Lenard Lindstrom