Re: [pygame] something ive done...

Am Die, 2002-05-28 um 23.28 schrieb tomten:
> Andy Sy wrote:
>
> >I had to change the glVertex3fv() calls in
> >drawQuad() to glVertex3f() before it would compile
> >properly. You mean to say glVertex3fv() with 3
> >arguments ran properly on your system (either that
> >or you didn't check that the last version you
> >uploaded would compile properly)?
> >
> >Seems to work fine under Windows without any
> >modification.  No sound so far right?
> >
> >However, it ran very slow even if I have hardware
> >OpenGL acceleration. This was even after I
> >commented out the print debug statements.
> >
> Ran very fast and smooth on my machine under windows (Athlon 1.2G GF2MX) .
> I had to apply the glVertex3fv change to get it to run, the strange
> thing is that this was no problem on Linux.
> Another strange thing and there were no enemy ships on windows, maybe
> It's due to something I did I my tabfixed version.

Hi and thanx for all your replys.
I'm working on this thing and, until the weekend I there will be a newer
version with some more features and more playable.
as I am developing under Linux, I had no problems with glVertex3fv
(but I have to admit I really dont know OpenGL, I ripped all the OpenGL
statements out of some demo-code)
If the hole thing is slow... mhh ... I didnt spent much time on
optimization .. I think there could be done a lot ... but my first goal
is to get it working ... Ive been trying to write such a kind of game
since years (started with C and svgalib) and the greatest problem was
that it grew always too complex for me.

so thats all for the moment ...

Good night.