Re: win9x testers wanted. Re: [pygame] C file pointers and file loading

This is an update. The good news, SDL doesn't need a manifest to work with Python 2.6. It uses Python's. Why no one just tried using ctypes to loading my VC 2008 test SDL.dll from Python 2.6 is a mystery. But it worked. The bad news. I have yet to build all of Pygame's dependencies. The SDL_ttf configure script tries using SDL.dll and fails. The good news. I know how to get around this, but it is somewhat ugly, well, mildly distasteful. Building the dependencies for Python 2.6 will not be a one-step process; it will take two steps. I will adapt msys_build_deps.py and add to the Python_2_6 branch. Then I will build the dependencies. Someone else will have to try and build Pygame using distutils and Visual Studio 2008 once the dependencies are available.

Lenard

Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
I am unsure what sort of bug report this would be. "Library built with MinGW causes R6034 error when loading msvcr90.dll installed by Python 2.6 installer"? I have to confirm this first. I admit the problems I had were with a test program that did not used Python. It may be that a DLL loaded by Python will use Python's manifest. I should check. And I am still waiting for a reply to a bug regarding MinGW and distutils.

Lenard

René Dudfield wrote:
I think if you submit a bug report it might get a little more attention.