Re: [pygame] Split screen question (newbie)

On Nov 23, 2007 9:43 AM, Patrick Mullen <saluk64007@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you have any more questions on the rest of it we are here :)  If
you get stuck and feel like you are in too deep you can always start
another project.

On second thought, that's what I do, and it's left me with 1000's of
failures.  Maybe sticking to it would have been a better idea...
No.  Very bad idea.  There has never been a single project where I've gotten everything right the first time.  Furthermore, if it's anything more complicated than asteroids, the problem's solution eludes me for days.  For example, one would think that writing code to check for a winning position in Pente would be easy.  A few weeks later and two hours of sleep didn't fix it.  I came back three days later (without working on it), changed a few lines and it worked great.  Ever try spherical coordinates with varying radii on a spinning object rotating on all three axes, using the befuddled OpenGL camera code?  Took me months.  I came back to it after releasing a few small games.  My advice: get several good projects going at a time, then come back one of them if you feel like programming.
Ian