Re: [pygame] Re: Distribution of Work

Michael wrote:
> Why do you need to redraw the entire screen every frame when moving?

Well, I don't, really. But I have had difficulties in implementing
my ideas: when Brian gets near the edge, scroll so that he gets in
the centre, but don't do it in one giant step but in 10 small steps.
The problem being that Brian moves in those 10 frames... but this
problem is solvable of course.

> Couldn't you change the scrolling to work only on certain conditions
> (like nearing the screen edge)? Or do you move around so much such a
> case would always be true when moving?

Well, that depends on the resolution the user chooses. On 640x480,
this is already more than on 800x600, but then, it is also cheaper
to move around the screen...

> I think old DOS games were fast
> both because they were done in C/Asm and because they had to come up
> with tricks to avoid making things slow.

Yes. I would think that, because pygame is written in C, I would not
have the penalty for using ahigh-level language, but I am probably
mistaken.

Gerrit.

--
155. If a man betroth a girl to his son, and his son have intercourse
with her, but he (the father) afterward defile her, and be surprised, then