Re: framework proposal - was Re: [pygame] Re: Distribution of Work

I do my best to keep my code concise and make it look neat, but I optimize
for modern monitors.  However, I always send email or post to usenet at 80
columns, so it felt a bit awkward posting my source. :-/
I'm afriad I'm stuck in the rut of trying to keep my code within 80 columns whenever possible. To some degree that probably means I go overboard with simplifying and breaking stuff into functions. I'm not quite as crazy about it as I used to be though. At one point I'd never embed one code loop inside another without breaking the inner loop into it's own function. It makes code neat but makes finding names for all your functions problematic. Also I was told Python doesn't inline such minor functions when compiling so I guess it is bad for optimization.

--
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the
Government, it's tyranny." -- Benjamin Franklin

Michael <mogmios@mlug.missouri.edu>
http://kavlon.org