Re: [pygame] Poor sound

R. Alan Monroe wrote:

The reason I tried the pre_init was because of the spikes and another
sound that got badly distorted at least that other sound is ok after pre_init.. My guess is that there is a problem with SDL, because I get the same spikes every time, so its unlikly to be a trouble with interrupts.

Maybe you could capture the spdif out on a second computer and look at
the resulting wave file in a sound editor to see if it's clipping.

What good would that do ? I know there is nothing wrong with the sound
file since I can play it with a good
quality using other programs.

Because you'd be looking at the post-mixer soundfile, not the
original. You could compare them to see the nature of the damage.

Sorry if I sounded bit snide. Your suggestion was a good one , but the issue has been resolved as you have seen from the other mails.
When loading a sound file we should be able to see what settings it may need and print a warning, it would help newbies like
me from assuming that the mixer is doing things poorly. I can imagine a few people stoping at that point.

Bo)