Re: [pygame] pygame.org website update

Hi Lenard,

    Thanks for the docs. I discovered that I had downloaded the installed back on the 14'th. I can not remember if I had installed it but I think I did. I was too busy recovering from my broken leg&ankle to pay attention. When you sent this yesterday I had spent the day making my own .HTML file to reference all the notes and this version has done that already.

    Thanks for helping, but I noticed that complete methods may not be in all the classes but will have to go through them all and test them out. I will ask questions as I read/test and see what happens.

    I am writing my games as a sightless user and will incorporate all the methods I can as I learn them. I have never programmed in Class format yet until doing the examples now. All my previous programming was done in either Assembly, MASM, my screen reader program, or in Basic my first game, then C++ and using only struct statements as my closest thing to Class format. For I did not have the SP2/Screen Reader capability to run stuff using Windows to deal with the C++ Class structures and there constant changing to prevent it unless you spend lots of money to catch up. The reason why I went to Java Script to be able to write a game and actually run it on Windows. For Java used the combination of Basic and C++ in its structure.

    For I finally got a cross-reference on "self," which was the "this" version written in Java Script for records/struct statements. By seeing, understanding the similarities, then it made more sense besides testing and seeing results.

    I am learning and studying examples as I go. I will try to use as many comments as I can and also transfer my Java Script game over one function at a time.

    This is why I am striving for structured programming/tutoring. One step at a time, waiting for the Windows version of PyGame accessibility to allow mouse tracking by screen reader eventually.

    Thanks again Lenard for taking the time to make the Windows version. I think this is going to be fun learning now that I have gone past the stigma of getting a better understanding of Class/Self construct. Knowing that all stuff is just a memory location and pointers to the original. The rest is just copies of the original and more depending how confusing you make it. The reason for the Docs section of the function defined...that's if a person uses it to explain the details.

        Bruce

The latest Pygame 1.8 is still in SVN. It hasn't been released yet. I
took it upon myself to build it for Windows. As posted earlier I made a
Windows installer available for Python 2.5:

http://www3.telus.net/len_l/pygame-1.8.0rc3.win32-py2.5.exe

The documents are in as a separate zip file:

http://www3.telus.net/len_l/pygame-1.8-docs.zip

Lenard