Re: [pygame] Making A Module

Hi Casey

    Yes, thanks. The notes I got before the example is all I needed this time. For once reading your comment and others, it triggered my memory of what I had read about modules in the section you asked everyone to refer to.

    As I had said, when reading it all at once, then writing and debugging, there is a lot to absorb at first but once getting response those memories come together. Not always, but they do. I just now can not remember the complete error when I first tried saving a module days ago. I just placed the question in when leaving to walk my dog. The reason for no example.

    But the response this time was good enough. I have difficulty getting trace backs on errors unless there is a way to place the message inside a file. I am sure there is for I looked at the error handling section for the first time this weekend and I think there is a way. But when reading something the first time does not mean that I have a full understanding of it. Practice is needed.

    But, if there is a way to send all error messages to a file I would like to know. I seem to recall that some errors may not make it because of conflicts with the stack and such. But any suggestion would help so in the future I can get a complete copy of the trace back. Knowing that the actual error is the last thing displayed, but it does help to have it.

    So far all my questions have been answered except the one on chats, but have not bothered with that at this time, just trying to learn Python and Classes, Methods, and all that stuff. For this year is the first time I have been able to write a game/program using Windows. I have found the complete module listing and saved it on my desk top if I want to go and look at any description via the alphabetical index.

        Bruce

As an aside, I'll think you'll find people can answer your questions
much more effectively if you post an example of the code that is not
working (or at least the relevant parts or a minimal example) plus
the error message including the traceback with your initial question.
I'm happy to help, but it's hard for me to tell if I'm really helping
at all without more specifics.

-Casey