Re: [pygame] movie flip/update

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 06:50, mike@zcentric.com wrote:
> Ya i can easily get the window ID in linux at least with xwininfo, but my
> problem is if I want to make buttons around an embeded mplayer window it
> just gets overwritten.. so thats why I wanted to look into the second
> surface idea which I guess I need to read into since I have no clue what
> it is. I'm still fairly new to pygame
>
> Mike

I think what he means is you have 2 surfaces. ( + the screen, which is a
surface in hardware ).

You render Mplayer to one surface in memory
You render your 'controls' to another.
Then you compose both surfaces to the screen.

With the proper selection of transparency in the button-surface ( a hole for
mplayer to show through ), this should work...

-Daniel