Re: [pygame] Re: PyGame slowdown

There is one advantage with the higher frame rates though. It will give better reaction to user input which admittedly isn't always particularly needed but I can be useful for certain games.

On 27/09/05, Jason <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Michael Sparks wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 September 2005 00:20, Rene Dudfield wrote:
>> I have no idea what he was doing without seeing his code.
>>
>> 23fps for a 2D game is not unheard of on a slow machine.
>
> Also, even the best Hollywood film is 24 fps. (Sometimes, an interesting
> alternative way of viewing this)
>

> Michael.

Agree with you 100% on this.

I've programmed a few games in Blitz and .Net and it seemed the rage to
get over 100FPS.  Thing is, the screen you're watching doesn't change
100 times a second so what's the point!?  So long as you get in about
60-75FPS then I think it's satisfactory.

But I never saw the persons code, it was simply a question on a forum
and I couldn't answer as I don't have the experience in PyGame.