[pygame] Re: PyGame slowdown

Michael Sparks wrote:
On Tuesday 27 September 2005 00:20, Rene Dudfield wrote:
I have no idea what he was doing without seeing his code.

23fps for a 2D game is not unheard of on a slow machine.

Also, even the best Hollywood film is 24 fps. (Sometimes, an interesting alternative way of viewing this)

Michael.

Agree with you 100% on this.

I've programmed a few games in Blitz and .Net and it seemed the rage to get over 100FPS. Thing is, the screen you're watching doesn't change 100 times a second so what's the point!? So long as you get in about 60-75FPS then I think it's satisfactory.

But I never saw the persons code, it was simply a question on a forum and I couldn't answer as I don't have the experience in PyGame.