Re: [pygame] pygame parachute and inconsistent interned sting state - but only on Slackware 13.0 32 bit

On Thursday 10 September 2009, Peter Chant wrote:
> On Thursday 10 September 2009, René Dudfield wrote:
> > to debug it, people would need some code to try and reproduce it.
>
> René, sorry, I'm not really a C hacker so I'm not quite sure what you'd
> want. Sample code could be tricky.  The machine where I developed the code
> runs it without issue.  It only falls over when installed on my media PC
> running Slackware 13.0 32 bit, and a virtualbox machine running the same
> OS.  64 bit slack and 12.2 32 bit slack is fine.  For that reason I don't
> know what the problematic line of code is that causes the error.

By reference ot C hacker I meant I'm not any good with gdb!  I can of course
supply my code in an egg, but there is too much to put here.

> Fatal Python error: Inconsistent interned string state.
>
> Program received signal SIGABRT, Aborted.
> [Switching to Thread 0xb7c596c0 (LWP 3119)]
> 0xb7c86456 in raise () from /lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb)

If glibc is relevent I note that slack 13.0 is using the following source for
libc (I think):

glibc-2.9-20090316.tar.bz2

Pete

--