Re: Plethora of gradebooks, grade change audit.

Matt & Bradley,

Thanks for the response.  Two things come to mind.
Digression 1:     Years ago I had the misfortune (? I deleted the whole database with a
keystroke, 30 days of keystrokes to recover.) to encounter a fox base program (xbase) used in
winemaking.  As a requirement to keep the BATF (revnooers, those guys that check bombs,
etc..) happy, the program was required to be closed out each month.  To carry forward, there
was a routine to create a permanent record (snapshot) of the transactions of the month,
primarily to log  the conversion of sugars to alcohol and where each gallon of taxable went,
even down the drain.  This permanent record was the reference for each tax cycle, and was
required, because of an encoding algorithm, to balance subsequent periods.
    Would this approach be 1) possible or 2) desirable?

Digression 2:    Going with the notion of a teacher key, thus allowing for a grade or other
entry to be locked, is it possible to require an academic key to validate to everyone's
satisfaction the teacher record is true?

JUST Thinking.....nothing more.
Bill

--
Today is the beginning of all time.