Re: Plethora of gradebooks, grade change audit.

Matt Wimer writes:

 > code for sending out a memo probably would hassles teachers
 > and administrators more than what it would make up in true
 > security.

true.  why not use what we have?  see /usr/doc/pam-VERSION/txts/pam.txt
(for me VERSION = 0.64).  i'm sure there are bindings for different
languages.  if linux can use it, i don't see why not seul-edu programs.

(PAM is a general framework for authentication -- "pluggable
authentication modules".  security of the type discussed here is
mostly accountability, which is a major part of authentication.)

thi